Registrul Auto Român (R.A.R. - Romanian Automotive Register) is the technical specialized body designated by the Ministry of Transports as competent authority in the field of road vehicles, road safety, environment protection and quality assurance.
According to the legislation into force, the Romanian Automotive Register has the following main attributions:
– to grant the national type approvals for the road vehicles, and their systems, parts and separate technical entities;
– to grant the certificates of conformity for the systems, parts and separate technical entities of the road vehicles;
– to grant the individual approvals for the road vehicles;
– to perform the periodical technical inspection for certain categories of motor vehicles;
– to license the technical inspection stations and to check the periodical technical inspection activity;
– to transpose the community acquis concerning the road vehicles (chap. 1 – Free movement of goods) and the periodical technical inspections (chap. 9 – Transport policies);
– to license the workshops performing the works of mounting, adjustment and checking the vehicles and their components;
– to certify the quality management system;
– to participate in the works of the World Forum for the Vehicle Regulation Harmonization (WP 29) of the Economic Commission for Europe of the UN.
Registrul Auto Român (Romanian Automotive Register) is notified by the Romanian Government with the General Secretariat of the UN as Technical Service for all the Regulations of the Economic Commission for Europe of the United Nations Organization, to which Romania acceded.
|Member of the International Committee for Periodical Technical Inspections – CITA|
|Associates member of the International Union of Road Transports|
|Member of the Romanian Association for Quality (Asociatia Romana pentru Calitate – ARC), affiliated to the European Organization for Quality (EOQ)|
|R.A.R. is designated by the Law no. 375/2005 for Product and Service Certification (RAR-OCP)|
The registered office of the Romanian Automotive Register is in Bucharest, and at country level there is one representative agency in each county, performing the activities specific for the Register (individual approval, the issue of customs notices, the issue of different certificates, consultancy in the road vehicle field).
Organizationally, the activities within R.A.R. are performed in departments on activity profiles, some of them having only services or compartments in Bucharest at the head-office, and others activating within the county representative agencies.